Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blog 10

Blog 10: Some questions to answer!
11. Why does Dolores step forward to declare herself "God’s witness" to the murder of Mr. Watts? Were you surprised that she did? Why does she insist that Matilda remain silent?
I think the reason Dolores declares her self Gods witness is of course her faith. Even though she did not care for Mr. Watts teaching for all the book it looks like, She still stood up in the end to do what was right! She is not perfect, stealing the book and all, but in the end Dolores did the right thing. Of course she wanted Matilda to be quite because her mum knew that what would follow would not be good.

13. Discuss your memorable experiences of being read to as a child. What book made the greatest impact on your life? Did any book come to you at precisely the right time, the way Great Expectations was brought to Matilda?
My sister always read to me the most. My father remarried a very not nice person when we were young, My sister and I read Cinderella a lot. I remember thinking that just like in the story she was going to get what was coming to her. I also felt like I would get my prince charming and things would be just fine. This book came into my life at just a fine time. I think it reminds you that things can take a very bad turn and you want to give up on life by letting a river take you, BUT things WILL get better some how.

This book makes one think about where you take refuge. Where is it you feel safe? Where do you go hide at night when the world is crashing down on you? How do you pick yourself up again and dust yourself off?

No comments: