Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Love

One of my favorite topics in Great expectations is LOVE! This topic comes up repeatly, how pip is always looking for love in a sence, and how it seems to start with his deep love for joe, who shows it in ways like giving him extra gravy.

My fav way that this topic comes back up is with Estella. I love how he says the only reason he loved her was because he simply found her irrestiable. I think everyone is at sometime in love with someone who can never love them back, or even the other way around.

That pip can not even tell Estella how much he loves her untill he knows it is just hopeless. That he just hoped he could have said something sooner. That he knew that it was more logical for him to love Biddy.

There are many themes in this book, that are very relavent, such as, class,idenity,love, and of course expectations. Those are the ones that I have come to notice the most. I belive that every person alive today has to deal with all four of those. I however find that love is the best. :)

No comments: