Monday, July 7, 2008

oncommon

I have got to thinking about, how we strive to be better people. I think that a lot of us do try to get there the best we can, but some of us take easy way's and lie about who we are, or what we are really about.Joe says something to pip that really got me thinking,"If you can't get to be oncommon through going straight, you'll never get to do it through going crooked."(Chapter 9,p.82.) Of course this is from the book, Great Expectations. This is an elementry thought that I think a lot of our parents try to get us to follow. I can see in pip that he wants to be a certain way and be oncommon as Joe puts it. I wonder how everyone else feel's? tell me, do you think that just by telling the truth you can move up classes? and not just be in your own sence a common blacksmith, or just by always telling the truth and striving can you get there?

No comments: